If you are looking for an easier way to delight in a healthy lifestyle for you and your loved ones, one of the most effective ways is to prepare home-cooked meals using Easy Healthy Recipes.
You can drastically improve the health benefits by staying in to eat. Between work, errands, and children's after-school activities, it's not easy to find time to make a sit-down dinner. But before you head out to a restaurant for dinner, consider the advantages of dining together at home. With the rising costs of food and fuel putting a pinch on everyone's pocketbook these days, one way to ease the pain is to eat out less and make more meals at home.
Home-cooked meals provides benefits that help you save money and are healthier for you and your family.
Once you decide to do more cooking at home, pick out some favorite easy healthy recipes and then get creative. A home-cooked meal offers the following benefits:
* Reduces the amount of processed foods you eat. Freshly prepared meals are better for you than the typical grab-and-go snack. You can help ensure your family eats healthfully.
* Is time well invested. If you sit down to dinner, you'll probably eat more slowly and take time to enjoy it. This will help prevent overeating.
* Offers fewer distractions. If you serve dinner at the table, away from the television set and other distractions, you're likely to pay more attention to your food choices and portions.
* Gives you the chance to be a role model. When you eat at the dinner table, your children will have the opportunity to eat what you eat, in the atmosphere you create. This is an opportunity to instill good eating habits and manners.
* Allows you to try new foods. Use your family meal to prepare new foods as well as old favorites. You can find new ideas by checking out easy healthy recipes.
One guide that that I think every family should have is the "Everyday with Rachael Ray". This is a monthly subscription magazine that has easy healthy recipes for 30 minute meals, breakfast, starters and sides, soups and stews, salads & vegetables, pasta & pizza, etc.
The content is pretty impressive with wonderful recipes, ideas and food stories. Of course, once you try the recipes to see if they are any good, you will be amazed at the quality and variety. You will be able to make Grilled Beer Chicken with Potato Slabs, Orange Beef with Cilantro Rice, Turkey Kebabs, Roasted-Potato Pennette, Greek Style Tuna Salads, Posole (I was always looking for a good recipe for this – and this is the best one I have come across not to mention easy), Beef Wellingtons (simple) Chicken Curry and more!
Some of the recipes are from her many books, but there are lots of new stuff here as well. I really like the dessert recipes by contributor Silvana Nardone. Other cooks are featured here as well – so this is not strictly a "Rachael Ray" magazine.
Every issue comes with a handy 'mini cookbook' complete with grocery list – you can take this right out of the book and bring it to the store. Talk about convenient and clever! Wow! It boasts a week of 30 minute meals. Very nice for the busy home cook.
Overall, I am seriously impressed with this magazine – great content, supremely Easy Healthy Recipes, good variety, lots of pictures, nice layout and a sense of fun that is absent in many of the other cooking magazines. I recommend this magazine to everyone who loves to cook – not just those looking for cooking in a flash. Stunning !!!
Source by Kevin Hinkston